Tuesday, April 6, 2010

TASTY TUESDAY – Easter Eggs Benedict

So, I know Easter was Sunday, but this is a tradition in my family that I forgot about until I was here over Easter.  Every year, for as long as I can remember, my mom makes Eggs Benedict for Easter Breakfast.  I LOVE Eggs Benedict, so I will make it on other days besides Easter too, but I also LOVE traditions.  So, I thought I’d share, even though it’s a little late.

IMG_8046

Eggs Benedict (for 1 person)

1 English muffin, split
2 eggs
2 pieces Canadian bacon (or deli ham works too)

Cook eggs in skillet until desired done-ness (I love over-easy).  Fry Canadian bacon (or ham) in skillet until warmed.  Toast English muffin and top each piece with a slice of Canadian bacon and then the cooked egg.  Top with sauce (below), and enjoy!

Sauce:
(Note: this is my family’s version of Hollandaise sauce, not the real stuff!)

1 Tbs. Mayo 
1 Tbs. Miracle Whip
1 squirt of mustard
lemon juice, to taste

Mix all ingredients together and warm in the microwave.

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment