Monday, April 5, 2010

MANIC MONDAY – Remember to Remember Not To Forget

Hello from Seattle!  I am currently visiting my family in Seattle.  I am crazy.  I traveled from Missouri to Washington with my two little boys, BY MY SELF!  I was quite the site, to say the least. 

But, I’m not going to bore you with those details…instead I thought I’d share a trick a friend told me she does to remember things.  The reason I even thought to post this is because I actually used it when packing for my trip.  Traveling anywhere with children entails A LOT of stuff!  And that means A LOT to remember not to forget!

So, my friend told me about this trick she does, and I admit, I laughed when she told me about it.  Then Cammie told me she tried it and swears by it too!  Basically, all the stuff I just cannot forget (whether when I’m packing or just need to remember something) comes to me right before I fall asleep.  Not when I’m getting ready for bed, not when I first lay down, like 1 minute before I’m out and there is no way I am getting out of bed or even moving from my very comfy position to write down what I need to remember.  So, what do I do now (because it totally works!), I just throw something on the floor.  Whatever I can grab the fastest and with the least amount of movement.  Then toss it on the floor.  The other night it was a hair tie that was on my wrist!  Then, when you wake up in the morning and see that thing in your path, you wonder, “why is this thing on the floor…oh!  I remember!”  Seriously, try it!

Happy Monday!

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment