Well, it’s been a looooooong time since we last posted anything and the list of excuses is just about as long! But, it’s a new year, and we are back in the game!! Boy have we been busy! The biggest time sucker was designing our new Pocket Full of Posies site. We just pretend to know what we’re doing, so it took awhile, and a lot out of us! But it was worth it. And we love it! And you probably will too! This is the perfect time of year to get organized and tackle your meal planning issues! We’ve got the perfect meal planning system!
Anyway, speaking of getting organized…I recently went on the hunt (thank you Pinterest!!) for a behavior chart/reward system for my 4 year old. He loves charts, so I found a few ideas I liked and combined them into these:
Here’s my system:
1. Every day we start on Wolverine/Ready to Listen (with a magnet).
2. He moves the magnet up when making good choices and down when making bad choices.
3. Once the magnet reaches “Time Out” and the time out time has been served, we start back over in the middle.
4. Each good choice = one hole punch on the punch card (to the right).
5. When all the holes are punched he earns whatever we decided on before starting the new card. (He wanted to earn bigger things, so this system takes a little more time to earn a prize...it can easily be adapted for any amount of time and/or prizes)
Pretty straight forward, but it’s working pretty well! We haven’t earned the prize yet, but we’re getting close!
If you want to print this and use it for your little super hero, right click and save to your computer. I printed it as an 8x10 photo from Wal-Mart and then laminated it and stuck a magnet on the back so it could go on the fridge. I printed a sheet of punch cards on cardstock.
Here’s to a more peaceful and organized home!