Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

I don’t know what came over me last week, but I went PROJECT CRAZY!!  It all started with my sister having her baby.  You see, she lives in Washington state, FAR away from me.  Her sweet baby Rose is SO cute and I haven’t gotten to hold her yet.  And, she had a GIRL!  So, I may have gone a little bow-making crazy first.  And I don’t know if any of you are like me, but usually, once I start crafting, I can’t stop!  So, thanks to my far away sister, I now have:
new couch pillows
new curtains in my kitchen
new curtains in our master bedroom
window panes hung on our master bedroom wall (they had been leaning against the wall for like 6 months!)
2 new chalkboards
some newly painted picture frames
and a new camera strap!
Oh, and little Rose is about to receive a LARGE supply of hair bows!

After the bow making subsided, I found the cutest pillows at Wal-Mart (of all places!) for my couch…and had to have them.  Then, once they were on my couch, I had to change the curtains in the kitchen and while I’m making curtains I may as well make some for my bedroom!  (I sound like that book If You Give a Mouse  Cookie! ) And so, the project spiral continued!  And I love it when that happens, really, because I now feel happy looking at all my newly created things!

So, you want to see some of them?!  I can only show you SOME, because I haven’t taken pictures of EVERYTHING yet!  Don’t worry, I won’t forget to share!

IMG_3326
One of the chalkboards.  I used a cabinet door, painted it with chalkboard paint, and then painted the edges.  Then I modge podged on some fabric…easy peasy!  
IMG_3355
The kitchen curtains…even easier than the chalkboard!  And you’ll never guess what I made them out of!!  SHEETS!  Yes sir!  You should try it!  You only have to sew about half as much as you would with regular old fabric!  I used a full sized flat sheet I got from Target for $11, cut it in half, hemmed the raw edges and top for the curtain rod and called it good!  I’m for real…so easy!  and SO cheap!
 IMG_3344 
Now on to the master bedroom…I LOVE the windows!  and I LOVE the curtains!  I originally planned on adding pictures to the window panes and using them like a picture frame, but now I’m not so sure!  I can’t decide!  And how cute are those curtains?!  I love what they add to the room!

 IMG_3352
And guess what…these were sheets too!!  I got a full sized flat sheet from Wal-Mart for $8 and whipped these babies out in no time!  You make them just like you would the panel curtains only shorter, and add some ties and tie them up!  EASY!

Like I said, I’m missing a few things…so stay tuned!  -Em

No comments:

Post a Comment