Tuesday, September 21, 2010

TASTY TUESDAY – Apple Season Has Begun!!

I LOVE fall!  Especially apple season!  Yesterday, my husband and his dad and brothers took off work to float the river and fish all day.  This meant they took our family car and left me with his car.  Normally, not a problem, except this time he left me with a car that had a flat tire!  I was totally unaware of this flat tire until I tried to go grocery shopping and realized I would be stuck at home until they came back!  So, what do I do when I’m annoyed?  Or for any reason really?!  I bake or cook something!  And since I needed to go grocery shopping, I was surprised I had all the ingredients for this yummy little treat!  Seriously, this stuff is SO good…don’t be deceived by the weird name!  It’s the perfect fall treat…especially for breakfast!   And it’s so good for you too!

Crockpot Granola

2 C. of your favorite granola
4 apples, peeled and chopped
1/4 C. honey
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbs. melted butter

Place all ingredients in the crockpot, apples on bottom.  Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or on high for 4-5 hours (if you have a super fast crockpot like mine, it only takes a couple of hours on high).  Best served with milk (or cream!).

Enjoy!  (I wish I’d taken a picture!  Sorry!)

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment