Thursday, July 15, 2010

TEACH ME THURSDAY – Flash Freezing

While I was grocery shopping yesterday, I found strawberries and blueberries on a GREAT sale, so I decided (then and there) that I would buy a bunch and do some freezing.  So, I thought I’d share!

Flash freezing is super easy, and keeps the berries (or whatever you’re freezing) from freezing together.  This makes it easier to use what you want straight out of the freezer (no thawing) and return what you don’t want back to the freezer!  Here’s what I did…

IMG_5755 IMG_5763

1.  Wash and dry your fruit.

IMG_5764

2.  For the strawberries, I cut off all the green stems and any bad parts.  Then spread out fruit on a cookie sheet and stick it, uncovered, in the freezer for about 30 minutes.

IMG_5765

3.  Dump your fruit in any sized ziploc freezer bag or containers and store in the freezer! 

I can’t wait to make some yummy smoothies or blueberry pancakes!  Man I love summer!

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment