Monday, July 26, 2010

MANIC MONDAY – New Basement

For over a year, we’ve been trying to finish our basement.  One of the things we loved about our house when we bought it, was that it had room to grow, aka, an unfinished basement.  With all the family we now have living around us, we definitely need the space! 

Here’s the problem, once I get the idea that something is going to happen, or that I’m going to get something…I want it now!  So this whole taking over a year to finish is starting to get old!  Who am I kidding, it was old like a year ago!  But, there is finally light at the end of this long tunnel!  It is SO close I can taste it, but of course that almost makes it worse!  The rest of my house is suffering big time!  For some reason, I have no motivation to do any of my normal cleaning in anticipation for the day I can move everything downstairs!  My office and ALL the toys will be in the basement, which will take a HUGE chunk of the day to day mess out of sight!  Did I mention I couldn’t wait for this day?! 

Well, it should all happen this week….at least that’s the plan!  My hubby is doing most of the work, so it all has to happen after work!  But we are going out of town next week, so I would love it to for real be done before we leave!  Here’s to wishful thinking…right?!  Wish me luck!

Happy Monday!

-Emily

1 comment: