Thursday, October 14, 2010

TEACH ME THURSDAY – Spooky Blocks

This past weekend our church had a “Super Saturday” for all the women.  This is basically an excuse for all us ladies to get together and craft all day!  Here’s what I made:

IMG_9889

And here’s how I made it:

Supplies:
2x4 cut into 6 different sized pieces (5”, 9”, 6”, 8”, 7”, 5”)
black paint
paint brushes
scrapbook paper
Modge Podge
Vinyl lettering

Step 1:
IMG_9884 Paint the sides of each block black (thank you Christine for being my hand model!)

Step 2:
IMG_9886 When the paint is dry (or before you paint, whatever!) trace each block on the scrapbook paper you chose for each block. Cut out.  (thank you Anna-Lisa for being my hand model here!!)

Step 3:
IMG_9887 Modge Podge the paper onto the blocks.

Step 4:
IMG_9888
When everything is dry, sand the edges and then apply another coat of Modge Podge over the top of the paper.  (this step isn’t totally necessary, but best)

Step 5:
IMG_9889
When dry, apply the vinyl and enjoy!  You can do a different word on the back if you want, I did “Jingle” so that I can use it for Christmas too!

Happy Thursday!

signature2

No comments:

Post a Comment