Thursday, May 20, 2010

TEACH ME THURSDAY – Mod Podge Letters

Currently, my baby boy’s room serves as our office as well.  So, that means decorating it has been a work in progress.  While I was pregnant, I painted it 3 (very bright) colors. 

Then, like 3 months after Dan was born, I made curtains…

curtains

Then even later I made these cute letters to hang above his crib…

dan

I still have a few more things that I want to do, but I must wait until the office moves downstairs to it’s currently unfinished-soon to be finished (hopefully)-office space in the basement.  Until then, I thought I’d share this SUPER easy DIY project that you can do anywhere!  It’s really not that new, but I love them!

All you do is get out the mod podge and go crazy!  I stayed simple and used fabric (left over from the curtains), but you could use scrapbook paper and embellishments…like I said, go crazy!  Anyway, trace out the letter, cut it out and mod podge it on.  I did paint the sides of these letters first (mostly because I was too lazy to try and figure out how to get the fabric to wrap around or to cut out a bunch of extra peices).  But that’s it!  SUPER easy and SUPER cute!

Here’s some other letters for inspiration (taken from http://jentility.com/):

E H M

Happy crafting!

-Emily

1 comment: